CBS The search for a suspect believed to be armed in Blaine, which began early Tuesday morning, has continued well into the afternoon.Authorities initially thought the suspect, who they believe stabbed a police dog multiple times, was hiding a perimeter they have sealed off north of Main Street and west from Lexington Avenue.Police said the incident began with a traffic stop at 25th Street and Penn Avenue in north Minneapolis at about 3:45 a.m.Police said the driver of the vehicle was L.C. Wesley Armstrong, 26, who is currently on probation for the death of his girlfriend. He was convicted of second-degree manslaughter last year in Brainerd.Police noted an open container in the vehicle. The vehicle gave chase and police pursued the driver into Blaine, where stop sticks were laid. Officers conducted a pit maneuver.The woman inside the vehicle was apprehended, but police said Armstrong ran into the woods.A number of officers, including SWAT personnel, have been searching in the area since. Helicopters have been assisting in the search.Residents in the neighborhood were notified of the fugitive by phone. A nearby school was also alerted.A Minneapolis police dog named Shadow was sent in to the woods to find the suspect, but was stabbed at least twice. Police said the dog was badly injured, but went into surgery and is expected to recover.Armstrong's criminal record also shows a number of other convictions on counts of driving while impaired, obstructing legal process and drug charges. I copy that off of WCCO's website!!!! It's so scary that they haven't found this creepy guy!!!
My mom and I went up to our house this afternoon and there were police everywhere going up to my house and roads were blocked!!!! Then there was a fire like 2 miles away from our house too.... Just one thing after another today I guess.
On a good hand it got up to 72 degrees today! :-D Too bad we couldn't go outside today since we were in a lock down because of what was going on. I am now off from work till next Monday :-D What am I going to do on my day off??? I am busy but hopefully won't be too busy! Tomorrow my mom and I are going to meet with the new photographer that we might switch too at 2pm in by Rosedale mall. I forgot to say we switched our rehearsal date for our wedding we were going to have it Friday night but now we are going to have it Thursday night July 15th then we can go to the pizza place we wanted to go to. If we went Friday night we would have to find another spot to have dinner with everyone since that night was taken! Glad we are doing it Thursday night instead of Friday It will be so much better then Friday we can just get the last minute stuff done before the wedding :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment