Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
I am 24 years old and live in Oak Grove Minnesota. I am married to Michael. We are got Married on July 17th,2010. We met on E-harmony met in April 30,2008 and got engaged October 10th,2008. We knew we were ment to be with each other. We enjoy going to four wheeling, going for walks. We have a 1 year old yorkie poo Zoey who we love so much! Our Daughter Lydia Marie arrived a month early and was born Nov. 2nd 2011 we love her so much and love being parents!

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lydia's Birth Story!

It's been very busy with Miss Lydia being here! She came to us on a surprise 4 weeks early!!! It all started on Nov. 1st I had on Facebook people could guess when they thought Lydia would be here and who ever was close would win! My sister Molly said Today as in Nov. 1st at 11:59am! I was like NO way she will not be here! Little did I know she would be here! I hadn't been feeling really good the last couple days felt icky and like I was going throw up but never did! I went to bed at 8pm on Nov.1st and of course the usual getting up at 10:15pm to go to the bathroom and so I did........and went in the kitchen to get a drink and as I was getting a drink I felt like I was wetting my pants!!!!! I quickly ran to the bathroom and sat on the toilet and called my mom crying and saying I think my water broke........... she was like call the hospital and let them know your coming! I yelled for Michael as he was in bed and told him I think it's time and we need to go to the hospital!! the water was coming down so fast I could barely keep up it was so gross!! Michael quickly grabbed the stuff he could get and we put Zoey in the kennel and I went to the car with a towel in between my legs and Michael said I was so clam lol I knew I was safe because she wasn't going to be here right this minute!! We called Michael's mom and she met us at the hospital and so did my mom and sisters! We got to the hospital and had to go in the emergency door and here I come walking in with a towel in between my legs Michael dropped me off at the door and he went to park and he came in and wheeled me up to Labor and delivery check in and then brought us back to this one room and checked me out and yep I wasn't going home......and I was dilated to a 2cm and since I was 35 weeks they hadn't done the strep B test yet......so they quickly did that and it came back normal phew! By midnight I was moved to the labor room where you delivery the baby in! They drew blood and the nurse made me walk around for an hour to get things started and before they started the epidural! I was having contractions in my back they weren't too bad but still kept walking around! At 1:45am they started the evil drug of pitocin in my i.v. I was a 4cm when they checked me boy that pitocin was nasty they made my contractions horrible and hurt so bad!! They checked me at 3am and still a 4cm and was in so much pain and at that point Michael was sleeping on cot lol and slept threw my contractions till I was crying they hurt so bad I couldn't take it any long and wanted to pull my hair out!!!!! They finally ordered the epidural for a 4am and I had to suffer with contractions for an hour and boy that was the longest hour in my life! Finally 4am came and the anesthesiologist came in and started the epidural! I was laying on my side when he came in so I couldn't see all the stuff they had thankfully! I was crying when he came in I was so scared and just nervous having this in my back and the pain! He walked me threw it all which was nice It did hurt a little but not too much! I was squeezing Michael's hand so hard he thought it was going to fall off LOL by 4:30am I couldn't feel anything and was in heaven!!!!! They told Michael and I to take a nap before we start pushing.....ya right I did for a little but not long... My mom and sisters and Michael's mom were waiting in the waiting room the whole time! They stayed the whole time which was sooo nice! We all had a sleepless night!! by 6am I was a 6cm and at 7am the nurse checked me and couldn't feel anything and yelled to the other nurses we better get this room ready! she told me you'll be pushing very soon! for one Lydia's head was super low and had been for the last month or so! I thought to myself our daughter is really going to be here once the nurse said you'll be pushing soon! I looked at Michael and smiled he looked like he was going to cry and looked nervous! By 7:50am I started pushing I could feel pressure and when I did I was suppose to PUSH! Man it was a work out pushing it's more work then you think it could be!!!!!!! LOL I pushed till 8:45am here and there when I had a contraction The doctor came in which is my mom's doctor how cool was that!!! Once the doctor came in I really started pushing and at 9am we heard her first cry! She was placed on my stomach! as Michael was up by my head! I held her for a few seconds and they took her and brought her to the level 2 nursery since she was 4 weeks early! Michael went with her to the nursery as I had to finish up my placenta I was so nervous about delivery and that was easy! that came out few seconds after Lydia did and was a piece of cake! I didn't even know it was coming out till the doctor was like oh boy here it is! HAHA Lyida weighted 5lb 7oz 19inches long!!! She was a peanut and still is!! My grandparents were leaving for Florida for the winter and they made a pit stop to meet their great granddaughter!!! I was so happy they got to meet her before they left! We'll be in Florida in March so they will get to see her again!!! Everything was a blurr after! I kept thinking to myself this is really happening!!! Lydia was in the level 2 nursery for 5 days! Those 5 days were the longest day's of my life!!!!!!!!! We left the hospital Friday night we had a late discharged that was so nice!!! I was crying threw out the day I knew we weren't going home with Lydia and every one this morning going home was leaving with their baby!!! the baby blues started!!! I would just cry for no reason I was so overly tired I didn't sleep much and was up at 4:30am the day we had her and probably slept 2 hours that day!!!!! We went up Saturday and Sunday to the hospital at the noon and 3pm feeding to feed her!!! Monday I got a call that she was going to be able to go home Monday night after Michael was done working!! I was so happy and yet nervous to bring her home! I was up at the hospital all day Monday till Michael came to pick us up!!! The nurse went over everything with us and before we knew it she was in the car seat and ready to go home!!! She didn't sleep so good we had to get up every 3 hours for feedings! I ended up going on the couch with her since Michael had to get up for work at 4:45am! It was a sleepless night the first night! My mom and Michael's Mom came over Tuesday for the day! My mom spent the night and helped me with the feeding during the night which was nice!!! she fed Lydia and I pumped! My milk isn't coming in fast and so I am pumping and feeding her the milk in the bottle and then the rest formula! It's starting to come in more now so hopefully she'll be on breast milk full time soon! She isn't latching on to me yet so we are still working on that too! I have to go back to the hospital next Wed. and see the breast feeding nurse and see how things are going! My mom and I brought Lydia to her first Doctor appointment yesterday and she is seeing the doctor I saw when I was a child how cool is that! She gained an ounce and we were told we could go 4 hours in between feedings during the night!!! I was so happy to hear that!!!!!!!! She did good last night for the most part was kinda fussy when we went to bed! but then she finally went to sleep she sleeps in her bassinet next to our bed :-) We are so happy she is home and is doing great I am of course tired and try to take naps when she is sleeping!!!!!!!! Can't believe she came 4 weeks early!!! I do have to say I love having my tummy back and being able to sleep on my side and tummy at night!!!! I guess Lydia wanted to come to the world early and didn't want to be in mommy's tummy anymore!!! Not excatly sure when I am going back since she came early I don't want to think about it now haha! Here are some pictures we have a billion more pictures but I thought I would share a few............. Hopefully I'll be able to update the blog more often now! Time is busy now with a baby :-) zoey is doing actually really good :-)







5 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!! I am glad everything went well and everyone is doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went well, and she's home now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!1 Loved the birth story :) How amazing is life??? Lydia is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete